The Maltby Community Club was formed by a small group of local people in 1932 who had more time than money. For three years they had meetings, socials and dances in the Maltby Church, in the basement of the local schoolhouse, in member’s homes and in a member’s chicken house.
In 1937, the Club opened it’s Community Center using a building the Club purchased for $50 and had moved to the present location. The present building was built in 1939 as a square dance hall after the original building burned to the ground. It became a community gathering place where square dances were held regularly.
The Club also acts to support members in various ways, and in supporting the community by allowing the hosting of meetings and gatherings for a diverse set of groups at the center.
The Club presently supports, and is the Chartered Organization, for Cub Scout Pack 39 and Boy Scout Troop 39, which meet at the Club regularly. The Club also supports and provides a meeting place for Girl Scout Troops, 4H groups, Jazzercise, as well as being used for community forums and speakers on various topics of interest to the community.
The Club is well known in the musical community due to the monthly Maltby Bluegrass Jam held on the first Saturday of every month at the center.
Membership in the Community Club is open to anyone, and are always looking for members who want to do volunteer work.
The Club and Center are supported by private donations, fund raising such as the Annual Bluegrass Fundraiser April, volunteer work by the user groups, and by renting the building and facilities.
The facilities are available for rental by members and non-members for parties, receptions, dances, shows, meetings, classes, bazaars, potlucks, etc. Please see the rental page for more information.
8711 206th St SE
Snohomish, WA 98296
If you would like to reserve a date, ask questions or find out other information:
The mailing address for the Club is 19504 78th Ave SE Snohomish, WA. 98296