About The Club
The Maltby Community Club was formed by a small group of local people in 1932 who had more time than money. For three years they had meetings, socials and dances in the Maltby Church, in the basement of the local schoolhouse, in member’s homes and in a member’s chicken house.
In 1937, the Club opened it’s Community Center using a building the Club purchased for $50 and had moved to the present location. The present building was built in 1939 as a square dance hall after the original building burned to the ground. It became a community gathering place where square dances were held regularly.
The Club also acted to support members in various ways and in supporting community projects.
The Community Club presently supports and is the Chartered Organization for Cub Scout Pack 39 and Boy Scout Troop 39 which meet at the Club regularly. The Club also supports and provides a meeting place for Girl Scout Troops, 4H groups, martial arts training, as well as being used for community forums and speakers on various topics of interest to the community.
The Club is well known in the musical community for the monthly Maltby Bluegrass Jam held on the first Saturday of every month.
Membership in the Community Club is open to anyone.
The Club is supported by private donations, fundraising such as the Annual Bluegrass Fundraiser in March, volunteer work by the user groups and by renting the building and facilities.
The facilities are available for rental by members or non-